Monday, July 18, 2011

just right


The weather has been just right for the past three days. Not at all humid, a steady breeze, in the low 70's. We've pretty much been sitting on the porch for two days straight. Today I read nearly a whole book, which felt so good. It feels like I haven't finished a book in years (that's not true, though). 

We could even open our doors and windows, shut off the awful air conditioner and revel in the cool - naturally cool - air. I wanted to take pictures to capture the loveliness, but I found it really difficult. Here are my attempts...


Photo by Quinn.




That is the birthday card I made for Mom. :) In honor of last movie, of course. It's really just a bunch of Potter-ish things painted with watercolors. :P






I hope you have a lovely night.
- caroline

2 comments:

  1. I love it when the weather is comfortable like that. We're getting a nasty heat wave this week so I'll be hiding indoors in the AC :(

    Your attempts to convey the evening are wonderful. Those tomatoes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos always have such a lovely comforting feeling I love. Even photographing bright vegetables is warm and soft from you! You definitely have a consistently wonderful style all of your own.

    I think you captured the evening very well--the photos make me desperately want to be there with you.

    Your weather sounds divine (especially since I am melting away in Texas right now)! I'm glad you got to enjoy it. Being emerged into a book is the best! I miss sitting on my back porch with a novel and my comfortable patio furniture (it's much too hot now).

    ReplyDelete